New Portfolio Site

I have recently created a new portfolio site. For the most current work samples, please visit me at:

MOTION GRAPHICS DEMO REEL

[NOTE: This demo reel was updated Summer 2020.] All animation by yours truly, done primarily in After Effects. Some design work by me (indicated in video). For additional clips of my motion graphic work, visit http://pose2poseclips.blogspot.com/p/motion-graphics-clips.html

CHARACTER ANIMATION DEMO REEL

[NOTE: Reel updated Sept. 2020] including clips animated in After Effects, ToonBoom Studio, Flash, and pencil/paper. I did all the animation, and all art assets were created by me EXCEPT where noted in the video.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Chico Video Character Designs and Screenshots

These are some character designs and screenshots from an animated music video, "Chico." I created all artwork and animation for this video, inspired somewhat by the style and look of Mary Blair's concept art and illustrations.

Click an image to view it larger.

Throughout the video, the main character, an El Camino car, sees "Chica" and her back-up singer friends. I designed them so that their visual "look" was consistent from "regular" outfit, to "Southern/Dixie," to mermaids:







The following are several screenshots from the video. The video is "set" in Austin, TX, so I also tried to capture many details of the city and surrounding landscape, while still keeping the colorful, whimsical look I was going for.




As the video heads into sunset and night, the look transitions to a flatter, less textured painting style:





We return to the more detailed look as we head into the Musician's Graveyard:






No comments: